Joining a new family can be a daunting experience. Here are some guidelines to help you make the transition…
For all non-emergency situations, we schedule appointments. Expect to have an introductory meeting with us when dropping off your car. Providing previous service records is helpful for your first appointment.
Your First Appointment
As you may have already gathered, we provide whole-car service, maintenance and repair. As a part of your first appointment we will offer a priority check-out in conjunction with a review of all previous work.
When approved, we conduct a thorough inspection of every car new to the shop. We do this to fully familiarize ourselves with your car’s current condition so that we can accurately advise you on its current and future needs. It is important to understand where the car is in its life prior to beginning new work. This is a service option to review the condition of the vehicle however does not actually diagnose any issues. For example, if you have a warning light on (ex: Check Engine) that would need to be diagnosed separately, and diagnostic labor time would apply.
The charge for this service ranges from $125 to $250 depending on vehicle age and condition. To that end, generally the charges are as follows:
- 2001 to current vehicles – $125.00
- 2000 and older vehicles – $250.00
* Pricing subject to change dependent on condition of vehicle
Priority Checkout can be used for a few reasons:
- For new customers. You may bring in your previous service records and/or we can develop an initial evaluation of your vehicle’s health and overall condition. This will allow us to create a service schedule based on observed priority needs.
- For existing customers. Sometimes maintenance lapses, customers use different shops, and we no longer have an accurate running health report on the vehicle. The checkout will allow us to re-familiarize ourselves with the condition of the car and work to update its maintenance and service needs.
- For customers who might be thinking of selling. The checkout can help develop a plan to get the vehicle back into a well-maintained condition, enabling owners to keep their car for several more years. Or it can assist the seller in making the decision to finally say farewell based on our particular findings.
Future Work List
Based upon the findings of the Priority Check-Out, we compile and present you with a list of all known issues relating to your car. Each item is prioritized on a scale of 1 to 10 then entered into our customer database. This gives us the ability to accurately gauge priority service and repair items for the future–prior to leaving you stranded or encouraging additional costs.
Drop Off and Pick Up
In general, car drop-offs are scheduled between 8:00 and 9:00 in the morning, while pick-ups are between 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon. A van shuttle to work or home can be arranged by prior reservation within the loop, or approximately a 6-mile range. We are also happy to adjust to individual requirements based of scheduling and availability.
As a general rule, we try to plan for the unexpected. Sudden breakdowns are always fit into the schedule. If the car is not driveable, we offer rollback towing at a reasonable price. If the situation is simple enough, we have been known to make house-calls (within a reasonable distance).
Bavarian Machine Specialties is authorized to work with a number of extended warranty companies. The following is a list of just a few of these companies:
- Interstate National Dealer Services, Inc.
- AutoGuard Preferred
- Warranty Direct
- Care Guard
- American Guardian Warranty Services
If you don’t see your extended warranty company listed, please feel free to contact us with your policy information.
We accept the following methods of payment: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover